Welcome to TVET Journal, a site dedicated to Technical and Vocational Education and Training.
TVET Journal intends to challenge TVET leaders and practitioners to focus energy on how TVET can kickstart economies with the skills they need to compete in the global market.
This site will also push the latest thinking on Technical and Vocational Education and Training towards employment. Having a skills development system that isn't directly linked to employment is just a waste of energy. It achieves nothing except frustration for its graduates.
TVET must innovate at the rate of technological and economic change. This new world demands that TVET educators be committed to the continuous rethinking and redirecting of TVET.
The most important motivation for this is the growing understanding that if TVET institutions do not meet the skills needed by employers, students will not be successful in securing a job within the current marketplace. Many of the students who choose TVET are among the first in their families to attend college. Enabling them to be active participants in the work force is a crucial element of social policy.
Visit the Forum and contribute to the discussion on some of the issues on technical and vocational education.
Training people for unemployment is not only wasteful, it is immoral. - T. Norton
- Understanding TVET-Technical and Vocational Education and Training
- Top 6 Benefits of Vocational and Technical Education for Secondary School Students
- How to Start Cost Recovery in TVET Institutions
- How Did Nice People Like Us Get Into a Mess Like This?
- Is the Knowledge Gap Getting Bigger?
- Skills Bridging in TVET: The Cambodia Experience
- 8 Ways to Ease Youth Unemployment and Underemployment
- Employability Skills for TVET Graduates
- 7 Effective Steps to Engage Employers in TVET
- Why Employer Based Training is Key to Economic Success
- Employment Skills Units in TVET Institutions
- Expanded TVET Training Increases Employment
- Are TVET Institutions Quietly Falling Off the Edge in Today's Digital World?
- Ten Management Tips for TVET Leaders
- Why Marketing is Important in TVET
- Client Targeting: A Must in TVET Marketing
- A Basic Marketing Plan for a Small Public TVET Institution
- Culture: A Challenge to TVET
- A More Effective Role for Government in TVET
- Demand for Higher level TVET Training?
- The Impact of a Massive Shift in TVET Demand
- The Impact of a Shift in Demand for TVET in Developing Economies
- The Necessity of Partnerships in TVET
- Top 5 Technical School to University Transitioning Concerns
- Education and Industry Collaboration in TVET: 11 Effective steps
- Why TVET Needs to Strengthen Links with Industry
- Changing Employer’s Attitude towards TVET
- How to Start TVET-Industry Linkages
- 6 TVET Institutional Requirements to Develop Linkages with Industry
- Latest Books for TVET Practitioners
- Latest Gadgets for TVET Practitioners
- Hands-On Approach to TVET Teaching
- TVET Forum